Monday, January 22, 2024

Zurie's Other Other Blog


Agenda:

-Take a minute

- Blog corrections

- Reader's workshop

- Week 3: Q Q S L

- I.O. & B.A. essays

Homework:

RJ 3.1 Read for 20-30 minutes- record 3 work or visual summary.

The class walked after a wet and windy nutrition, and everyone sat down in their seats. After everyone took a minute to write the homework and agenda, Ms. Nakada explained how everyone should be finishing their second book of the year. After everyone finished writing, Ms. Nakada read her blog and so kindly chose me because I politely asked her to. Then, Ms. Nakada started to write out her reading journal for the week. 

The class was quiet, but once in a while I could hear someone clearing their throat... Tali... Giana... Then, out of nowhere, Charles appeared next to me, asking for lead for his pencil. The class randomly started talking while Ms. Nakada was checking everyone's reading journals, and according to Marcus, Omar said something funny that made him laugh. Otem walked by me and asked how my blog is going and I told him that it's going horrible because I honestly can't even see what I'm writing. Marcus whispered my name and looked at me like he was about to tickle both my feet at the same time. Marcus whispered my name again, and he looked like he was rabid or something. Now I'm kind of lost and I have no clue what people are doing anymore. While I'm thinking about what to write about next, I hear Marcus loudly cough on Alejandro. 

Half-way through the class, we finally started to write our week three quote and question. Our quote of the week is, "We welcome refuges not because they are, American [...] but because we are American."-Krish O'Mara Vignarajah. While reading the quote, Ms. Nakada explained what [...] is for, and it means that there are more words to the quote that weren't put in. Lucas explains how he thinks that the quote explains how we are American and that we should help people, but Ms. Nakada explains how the history of America hasn't exactly shown that. She also told us how we have rejected many refugees in the past, such as important historical figures like Anne Frank during the holocaust. Ms. Nakada explains how we have a stable enough country to help other countries with refugees. 

We then started to answer the question of the week, which was: How should countries respond to those seeking asylum? Akira shares how an example of countries responding to those seeking asylum would be the sponsors in Inside Out & Back Again. Before class ended, Ms. Nakada started to explain the Inside Out & Back Again essay that we will be doing. Our essay prompt was to consider the meaning of the novel's title, Inside Out & Back Again. We also have to think about how this title is related to the experience of fleeing and finding a home. Ms. Nakada explained how our essay should be separated into different parts. 

With three big whole minutes left to spare... I finished I think! I patiently waited for the bell to ring. While I was waiting, Noa came up to me asking me how the blog was going, and I told her that it was going bad because I don't know how to answer that question. After a long three minutes, the bell finally rang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...