Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Rin's Third Blog

Agenda:

Take a minute

Blog corrections

Week 2 Q.Q.S.L

Reader's workshop

iReady

Homework:

RJ 2.1 - read for 20-30 minutes and record 3-word or visual summary


    Today was just another Tuesday. We walk into the classroom, sit down, and write down the agenda. After everyone writes it down, Ms. Nakada calls Giana up to read their blog, but Giana isn't here, so Ms. Nakada reads the blog instead. Since Giana isn't here, Ms. Nakada gets to pick who's next. She asks everyone who hasn't written a third blog to raise their hands. I think about just not raising mine so I won't have to do the blog, but I know that won't work. I sheepishly raise my hand trying not to look at Ms. Nakada so she won't pick me.

    She picks me.

    I walk over to the blog chair, and there's no computer. I wait a few minutes to try and ask Ms. Nakada for it, and after a few tries she walks over with the blog computer. I rush to write about the beginning of class so I can catch up on the Q.Q.S.L. Our quote this week is from Dr. Martin Luther King. Jr., "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy." We write down the quote and discuss what it means and we also discuss what it means to be an ally.

    After that, we set up our reading journals for the week. Some people go up to Ms. Nakada's book shelves to pick a book to read. As Ms. Nakada is helping people pick out books, I hear everyone start talking to each other and Otem making weird noises.

    Everyone stops talking when Ms. Nakada starts talking about reading journals for this week. She says we can do a 3-word summary or a visual summary instead of both. After that, everyone gets on their chromebooks to finish the iReady quiz. I turn on music while I work on my quiz.

    After everyone works on the quiz for a bit, the bell rings, and we go to fourth period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...