Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The Amazing Akira's Third Blog

 AGENDA

  • Take a minute
  • Blog corrections
  • Week 2: QQSL
  • Readers Workshop
  • iReady
HOMEWORK

  • RJ 2.2- Read for 20-30 minutes and record summary (3-word or visual)
    We began class by making our way to our assigned seats. As usual, we write down the agenda and homework for today. Chattered erupted throughout the room, despite the fact that we should be writing what is on the board quietly. I finish up with the work in my binder reminder and continue reading the book I started last night, The Picture of Dorian Gray, which greatly captures my interest.

    Earlier today in first period, I was singing the song, "Luck Be a Lady," into Rin's right ear as a way of serenading them. I remembered how they had to read out their blog and pick who would be the next writer. Hoping my God-sent vocals would hypnotize them into thinking I should be spared the blog for today, I sang loud and proud: "Luck be a lady tonight," over and over again since I didn't know the rest of the lyrics.

    Entering the class, I overheard Rin speaking with Ms. Nakada about their blog. I made my way to the seat behind Rin. I knew they would pick a friend and I was really hoping it would be Eli. Ms. Nakada's booming voice rang throughout the class, asking who hasn't written their blog. I raised my hand high and proud and pointed my finger towards Eli. My heart pounded in my chest, creating ripples of anxiety which move through my body. Rin's curved back turned behind them, their blue eyes and ginger-colored hair shining in the fluorescent light showering the class. Sweat trickled down my eyebrows as the spine holding my body together collapsed in my back, making me melt into myself. I kept myself high, confident that Rin wouldn't pick me and would take the suggestion of picking Eli, my worst enemy. Confidence grew inside me for their eyes kept bouncing back and forth from mine to Eli's. 

    "Akira," they announced. My heart crumbled worse than my spine did previously. Did my singing not work on them? How could this be?!

    "Grrr," I growled, louder than I intended. I packed my stuff up and trudged over to the front desk. I raised my hand far enough for Ms. Nakada to see it. Curiosity swirled in my mind as I began wondering how to start my writing. 

    The song for the week is: "We Shall Overcome," which was widely credited to Pete Seeger. We listened to a podcast discussing the history of the song, its relation to the Civil Rights Movement, and how it evolved over time. We discussed how it brought people through encouraging triumph. Soon after listening to the song, we continued our iReady tests. I took a while to get to it today, because I was too busy writing both the song in my notebook and the blog. A little time was taken for the song part, paving into me bringing out my Chromebook to get to my iReady.

    Our time in class was quieter than usual, until Ms. Nakada announced that she is adding optional vocabulary lessons into iReady. We carried on with our test until it was time to pack up for fourth period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...