Monday, February 12, 2024

Marcus' Fourth Blog

 Agenda

Take a Minute

Blog Corrections

Reader's/Writer's Workshop

Week 6 Q Q S L

Literature Circles

HW: RJ 6.1 Read or iReady or IXL for 20 - 30 minutes. 

I walked into Ms. Nakada's third period English class pretty happy, and even more happy as I found out I would be sitting next to my very good friend Charles Renard. Mr. Renard, in fact, was especially happy, more than I, as a very strong man, who goes by the name of Ronan, would have to read the blog. This, of course, would be on top of his mourning of losing to the Kansas City Chiefs once again in the Super Bowl. For now, the thirty year drought will continue on as Brockarious Purdy failed to be the savior for the 49ers, just like his predecessor Garappolo. And I must admit, although I did anticipate for the Chiefs to win, I was also disappointed by the very close, brutal outcome that came down to the final seconds. I am not a 49ers fan, but the Chiefs, the Taylor-Swift Chiefs, I despise. I am not at all pleased for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl for the second consecutive year because they are starting to turn into the Tom Brady Patriots whom I deeply loathe. But that all changed as I was finishing up the agenda for today in my Binder Reminder, and as Ronan Schugren finished up reading his blog. I completely forgot that there was I chance that I would be chosen for the blog next. I tried to make it seem like I wanted to do the blog, since Charles was making it obvious that I didn't want to be picked, hoping that it would change Ronan's mind. But no, it sadly didn't work. Ronan's eyes filled with sorrow, hatred, and football darted towards my direction. So yeah, that's how I ended up being picked. And that's how I will do everything in my power, to rub it in Ronan's face that the Chiefs messed up the 49ers Super Bowl Agenda. It was the final play Mr. Schugren, your eyes were intently focused on the screen, and the Chiefs ran down the clock on a first and goal, refusing to call a timeout. His heart raced and then suddenly stopped as while the 49ers chased after Mahomes to prevent the pass attempt, they left a wide open, Mecole Hardman. HAHAHAHAAHA!! Feel the pain RONAN SCHUGREN. Relive the moment of your loss over and over. Anyways, Ms. Nakada corrected his blog and we moved on to the reader's workshop. 

We then moved to our Q Q S L this week, and our quote is from the novel The Sun is Also a Star. The author also wrote Everything, Everything, a novel that me and Mr. Murphy adore. Noa gives us some background information about the book and Ms. Nakada dives into her own personal love story and her previous perspective on the concept of love. Meanwhile, Ronan is still quite distracted, drowned inside his five stages of grief, which catches Ms. Nakada's attention. Still can't accept the fact Schugren, but it's okay. I would give you a pat on the back if I could. People like Otem, Noa, and Rami share their thoughts about the quote. Otem lined up the quote with the 49ers experience, searching for that Super Bowl trophy that just isn't there. They trusted their journey, but in the end, was brought to a stop. Personally, I think what the YA author, Nicola Yoon, means is that it is a challenge to make yourself vulnerable when you form a deep connection with someone, and the hesitation to open yourself up like this. We got into a discussion about emotional manipulation, Rami talked about a movie about a stalker who was acting creepy towards this girl that ended up liking him, and then we talked about an actor on Black-ish (who shares the same name as me), who is still together with the girl he was with at Emerson. (W getting rizzy). So I think that this weeks Q Q S L theme is love. Sounds like it is. Like how Ronan LOVES the 49ers and his king, Brockarious Purdy. Couldn't get you a chip though. Ms. Nakada then told us how we would be making groups to read the same books together. We went through our book options, one of them being the Book Thief (the author shares the same name as me also), which is a beautiful and heartbreaking story set in WW2 narrated in the point of view of death. There was a non-fiction book as well as the coming of age story, Diary of a Young Girl, which was Anne Frank's diary, a novel on the Vietnam War, and another  non-fiction novel about the inequities in the judicial system Just Mercy, and To Kill a Mockingbird, about a young girl's father representing a black man accused of raping a white woman.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...