Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Ronan's Fourth Blog

 Agenda:

-Take a minute

-Blog corrections

-Reader's workshop

-Q.Q.S.L

-I.O. and B.A. essays

HW: RJ 5.3 Read or IXL, iReady for 20-30 minutes and record. 

Today is a brisk, cold day. The entirety of nutrition, I was freezing. As I talked with some of my friends, Charles yelled my name. I turned around to see him smiling, evidently very happy. I was confused for a moment before he reminded me of what was today, the blog. Charles has a very strange obsession with making me do the blog, so since he was going to be able to pick the next blog writer, it was obviously going to be me. 

The bell rang and we all made our way to third period English. The entire walk there, Charles was reminding me of what was going to happen. It was truly odd how happy he was. Ms. Nakada opened the door and we piled inside, Charles sitting in his seat smiling at me. Soon after that, Ms. Nakada called Charles up to read the blog, which he happily did. The blog consisted of him talking about his poor mood due to losing in Happy Ball. He kept on bringing me up and talking about me, apparently he'd been watching me so carefully he'd been keeping track of my smile, which is a little weird.  He'd gone over everything else that'd happened that day and proceeded to not once, not twice, but three times say he was going to pick me before the blog was even over. The blog wrapped up, and he was finally able to choose the next blog writer. I'd been hoping he'd have a change of heart, just maybe he'd choose Isaac, but nope, he chose ME.


For a moment I just sat there, the outside world made no noise. Then, Juan reminded me that I had to go and write the blog. I slowly brought my bag up to the table, putting everything back inside before marching off to the table where I'd write the blog. We first had readers workshop, which caused the entire room to go silent. Ms. Nakada made her way around the room, checking everyone's English notebooks to make sure we were on track for the week. Once that wrapped up, we read a poem, "I, Too" by Langston Hughes. The poem is about standing up for yourself, which we can see with the lines, "But I laugh, /And eat well, /And grow strong." and "Tomorrow, I'll be at the table/ when company comes. /Nobody'll dare say to me, /eat in the kitchen." We can see how at a point he agrees and goes to eat in the kitchen, but then tomorrow, he'll be at the table with everyone else. 


Once we finished the poem, we moved onto the Inside Out and Back Again essays. Ms. Nakada said that if you already submitted without a bibliography, you could resubmit with one. The room was quiet for a long time, everyone doing their best to finish the essay and add the bibliography. Ms. Nakada asked how many people still needed time, and most of the class did. Once more the clicking and clacking of computers filled the room. The bell was going the ring soon, so Ms. Nakada allowed us to gather our things and pack up. Soon the bell rang, and we were off to fourth period. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...