Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Charles's Blog About the Schug

                

                Agenda

  • Take a Minute 
  • Blog Corrections
  • Reader's Workshop
  • Week 5: Q Q S L
  • I. O. & B. A. Essays
HW: RJ 5.2 Read or IXL or iReady for 20 - 30 minutes. 

    Today the weather was very droopy and sad in my opinion. It was rainy and cold, but we all still had to come to school. When I got to my A.T class, I noticed everyone was out of energy, and seemed like they didn't want to be here. "It must of been the weather," I thought. I walked to my seat right next to where my good friend Ronan sits. When he arrived we talked for a bit and before we knew it, the class had already ended. The rest of the classes were very uneventful, with the only things that were different from any other day were, we played Happy Ball, I did not enjoy it, and I finished my math i-Ready. 

    Yesterday, Kingsley had been chosen to write the blog. When he finished his amazing blog, he told me and Isaac, I think it should be spelled Issac with two s's, and me to rock paper scissors to do the blog. There was someone in my mind that I wanted to pick, so I told Isaac play paper. When, "Shoot!" was called, Isaac played paper, and I played rock.

    While writing the blog in my chair of choice, not despair this time, I notice the smile that usually on Ronan's face dissipate. I thought about why he was so sad, and the first idea that came to mind was that he wanted to get picked for the blog but he sadly wasn't. So that's why I am gonna I am gonna pick him for the blog. 

    As the day continued, we went to reader's workshop. After a little bit, Ms. Nakada had to leave the room to deal with another problem in a different room. Soon after she left the class burst out in conversation, there was so much laughing that I saw Ronan was finally able to smile again. I can't wait to see that smile again when I pick him. 

    Soon, Ms. Nakada came back and wasted no time starting the song. But before starting the song Ms. Nakada told us that is might be a little to dark for us. Everyone agreed that we were fine, so Ms. Nakada soon played the song, which was, "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday. I wasn't able to listen to the song because I was so locked in while writing the blog, but what I hear from what Ms. Nakada, it is a song about black families in the south being abused, lynched, and terrorized and being forced to flee their home. Ms. Nakada then told us a story about how Billie Holiday got arrested because she performed the song, and some people didn't like how it showed the truth.

    Thanks to Ms. Nakada having to deal with the problem in the other room, we didn't have enough time to do much else. Soon the class ended after everyone trying to fit as much writing as the could in such a small time.

No matter what happens, Ronan will be the next blog writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...