Monday, February 5, 2024

Kingsley's Lowkey Exquisite Blog v. 4

 Agenda

Take a Minute

Blog Corrections

Reader's Workshop

Week 5 Q-Q-S-L

I.O. & B.A. essays

HW: RJ 5.1 read of IXL or IReady for 20-30 minutes

The day started off as any other third period would. We walked in, got ourselves situated, and started to write down the agenda while Ms. Nakada played a guided meditation. After about a minute of meditation Alejandro came up to read his blog. In his blog he explained how he was going to pick Declan for the next one, but then I realized that Declan wasn't here which sparked my curiosity as to who he was going to pick. When I realized Declan wasn't here, I thought for a second that he might pick me but I brushed it off and hoped he didn't. Meanwhile  I had been thinking about all of this, Alejandro finished reading his blog and then said the sentence that I was praying he didn't....."I choose Kingsley for the next blog." I gave him a slight glance of disappointment and made the walk of shame to the computer to write the blog. We then corrected Alejandro's blog and went into Reader's Workshop. 





After about 10 minutes, Ms. Nakada asked us to bring out our reading journal to work on Q-Q-S-L while the class was debating how many weeks there are left of school. The quote of the week we wrote down was, "Because being American is more than a pride we inherit- It's the past we step into, and now we repair it."-Amanda Gorman. We then talked about the meaning of the quote which I think it means that we need to learn from our ancestors and learn from them so we don't make the same mistakes again. Many people shared what they interpreted the quote as and then Ms. Nakada asked the Question of the week: Whose shoulders do you stand on? What do you stand for? While I was writing down the question of the week, Riley asked the questions, "Will we have a final exam Ms. Nakada?" Otem then has the "Bright Idea" to keep talking about it and fanning the flame.  I don't like the idea of a final exam. I think the last week of school we just don't do any work and like watch movies. 

We then talked about how Luke Combs and Tracy Chapman performed "Fast Car" together and how Tracy Chapman hasn't performed "Fast Car" in 16 years. We then transitioned into writing our essays while some people wrote their bibliographies of they are done writing their novel. After about 20 minutes, the bell rang, and we headed to fourth period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...