Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Amazing Akira's Fourth Blog

Agenda 
-Take a minute
-Blog corrections
-Reader's workshop
-IO&BA essays

Homework
-RJ 4.4, Read for 20-30 minutes
or
IXL/ iReady, Record minutes/summary

    On the rainy day that was Thursday, students trudged into our third period: English. Yesterday in class, Rami and Eli did their blog together since they were the last to write their third blog. I had a feeling Eli would pick me to be the writer today since yesterday I pointed at him, begging for him to be chosen. Rami and Eli were called up to read their journal of yesterday's class and since Eli didn't want to go up, Rami read it by themselves. As Rami neared the end of their blog, I began to fear Eli would immediately call on me next. NEVER, however, would I have expected Rami, one of my favorite friends, to pick me! It was all Eli's doing, I swear by it! Maybe it was because I made myself look like a guy during nutrition and disturbed him. Eli must've used his twisted dark magic to infiltrate Rami's mind into choosing me. I tried to play dumb, pointing and facing towards Giana. My act was put to an end when Rami made it clear that they chose me. I gathered my belongings and headed towards the front. 

    Soon after, we went into reader's workshop. Students fell silent as they began reading books of their choice. All that could be heard was the crisp turning of pages and my keyboard as I typed the first paragraph.

    Reader's workshop passed at a speed that felt quicker than usual as Ms. Nakada told us to bring out our chromebooks. She shared her screen up front, reading an excerpt of her sample essay. She announced that the articles were in the front if we needed them for our essays. The class fell quiet once again as the students went into a deep state of writing. Our writing came to a quick pause since Ms. Nakada tells us to read our introduction and first body paragraph out loud to a partner. The sessions end quickly, with Ms. Nakada asking what we see that our partners do well. Some students such as Noa and Emily shared how their partner ties their sources together along with connecting it to their own thoughts. 
    Ms. Nakada then starts speaking about our conclusion paragraphs. She shares her example essay and explains how we can share our own opinions in our writing. We fall back into writing for the rest of the class period until Ms. Nakada says we can start packing up.

    (Eli is just jealous I'm a better looking guy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...