Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Eli & Rami's Third Blog (and Hopefully Our Last)

 Agenda:

Take a minute

Blog corrections

Reader's workshop

Week 4: Q.Q.S.L

I.O. & B.A. Essays

HW/ RJ 4.3 Read or spend 20-30 minutes on IXL or iReady. Record minutes/summary.


Rami: We are very saddened to have to do the blog on this fateful day. Hopefully, this will be the last time Eli or I will have to write and read this god-awful thing.

We enter class only to learn that no one was selected for the blog. I immediately assumed Eli would be selected, after all he was missing on his day to do the blog so the responsibility fell on Ms. Nakada to fill in for that day. When she asked anyone left to raise their hands, I look around the room to find I was the only one who had raised my hand. I tried to reason that Eli hadn't done the blog yet, but we ended up getting selected to do the first dual-blog.

Eli: I am in fact absolutely devastated having to do this blog. I had evaded it for two days and sadly today I was called out by peers. I walked up here feeling betrayed. I will never forgive you all.


Rami: The class reads over the poem of the week called "Hanging Fire" by Audre Lorde.

People notice jealous tones from the poem and that the girl, who narrates it. She thinks she'll die young.

She states that her skin had betrayed her, which could pertain to race or skin conditions. The lines also help us infer that the girl may be feeling lonely, or that 'Momma' may be feeling depressed and struggling to let go of her daughter as she grows older.

The poem could be talking about how it feels to be a teenager, teenage drama, and feeling alone.

People start pulling out their Chromebooks to work on their essays. By now you should have a heading, and at some point in the introduction, you should say what the title is about.


The end! Please don't make me do this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...