Thursday, March 7, 2024

Emily's Fourth Blog

AGENDA

- Take a minute
- Blog corrections
- Reader's workshop
- Week 9: QQSL
- Literature circles

HW: RJ 9.4 Read or IXL/iReady for 20-30 minutes and record. 


I walked into class already knowing that Violette would be choosing me for the blog. She told me at Nutrition I would be the blog writer for today. I came in class and remembered I had forgotten to do my readers journal for last nights reading and quickly wrote in the pages I read and my three summarizing words. Then, I took out my binder reminder and wrote down today's agenda. Violette came up to read her blog and when she was finished the class erupted in noise telling Violette to choose Omar. She didn't listen and still chose me. I packed up my belongings and sat down at the desk in the front of the class. After writing down the agenda, the computer randomly logged out, I came up to Ms. Nakada and asked if she could sign back in. Then, as I sat back down she asked me if I watched the game last night. I knew exactly what she was talking about because I did watch the game. It was the US vs Canada in the Women's Concacof Gold Cup semi-finals. It was a crazy game, with pouring rain making it super hard for the ball to move across the field. It ended up going into penalties after 30 minutes of extra time being a 2-2 tie. The US won penalties with the help of Alyssa Naehar, the goalkeeper that saved many shots and scored a penalty herself. 

Ms. Nakada told everyone to take out their reading journals as she would make sure everyone has been filling them out as we took the time for Reader's Workshop. Everyone silently read. Next, Ms. Nakada told everyone to open up their English notebooks and add a page titled "Conducting and Presenting Research." We wrote down multiple steps on how to do a Research Project. Then, Ms. Nakada told us how we are going to do a Black Author Research Project. She explained that this year we were allowed to do it with a partner if we would like. She showed us the list and to discuss and think about who we want to do it on. Ms. Nakada showed us hers from last year. She did hers on Jerry Craft, and her presentation looked really good. We talked about who we would want to choose and if we were doing it with a partner or not. 

We all moved into literature circles and Violette came over to my desk. Everyone talked in their literature groups, while me and Violette tried to figure out a good question for last nights reading. The bell rang, and everyone left for fourth period. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...