Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Eli's Fifth Blog

 Agenda

take a minute

blog corrections

NaPoWriMo Day 30

Week 16

Readers/Writers workshop

HW- RJ 16.2 iReady 2 lessons 40-45 min

write a poem!




I walked into third period oblivious of what would happen next. I sat in my seat and got out my things as usual as Akira read her blog. I, for some reason, didn't think she would pick me. As soon as Akira was done, she immediately picked me. Didn't even think about it. I accepted my fate, packed my things, and slowly and sadly walked to the blog chair. 

I solemnly wrote the blog, barely listening to the class due to my devastation. Everyone went over a poem called "A Song In The Front Yard" by Gwendolyn Brooks. Ms. Nakada, in her booming voice, also mentioned how it slightly related to Gwendolyn's other poem "We Real Cool" about how kids act like adults. The loud speaker, every once in a while, called for students to go pick up their Chromebooks; Sammy was one of them. On the way out the door Sammy started beating me up unprovoked then left. 
As I healed from my wounds I stared at the time wanting to leave this wretched place. I will never forgive Akira for doing this to me. When Sammy came back they attempted to punch me but this time I blocked them, they walked away head down knowing they'd been defeated.  We wrote poems for a bit then eventually moved onto the song. "Born in the USA" Bruce Springsteen, Ms. Nakada told us to keep in mind if he was for the USA or against. The loud speaker called out more people, everyone coming back with new Chromebooks, and I listened closely for my name, wanting out of this blog.  Luckily the bell rang, and I got my things and walked out of class. 

  Happy birthday, Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...