Monday, April 29, 2024

The Amazing Akira's Fifth Blog

 AGENDA

  • Take a minute
  • Blog corrections
  • NaPoWriMo Day 29
  • Week 16: QQSL
  • Reader's/ Writer's workshop
HOMEWORK
  • RJ 16.1 iReady 40-45 minutes (two lessons.)
  • Write a poem!
    We began the day with our usual routine of writing the agenda and playing the meditation video. Personally, I believe the narrator's voice was very tiring. With heavy eyes, I watched as Dastardly Devin made their way to the front of the classroom. I wasn't ready for the mistake they would make.

    As Devin read their average blog, I looked towards Eli. I knew Devin's intentions were to pick him since they expressed their idea during nutrition. I blew a kiss towards Devin in an attempt to make them realize that they love me so much, they would never do such a thing as picking me for the blog. I watched as Eli begged Devin to not be picked. The desperate boy was bargaining and even offering money. That was when my attention changed to Sammy. 
    "PICK THEM" Sad Sammy pointed towards my spot. I tried my best to act clueless, hoping they would pick Charles instead. Unfortunately, Devin listened to Sammy (for once.) I trudged my way towards the front desk with a frown decorating my face.

    We moved on to reading the poem, "Love After Love," by Derek Walcott. This poem was about maintaining your self-love and a healthy relationship with yourself and others. After that, we transitioned to writing our own poems. The prompts were: invent a word and define it, the last time you felt the sun, and "until __." 

    Soon, we went into Week 16: Quote- Question- Song- Lines. Our quote was "If you have the feeling something  is wrong, don't be afraid to speak up"- Fred Korematsu. We discussed the background of this activist and what he might mean. Everyone agreed that you should speak out on something wrong, even if it's scary. Next, we wrote down the question. The question was: "Who do you look to for understanding the difference between right and wrong?" Some people, including Rami, Devin, and Violette, shared their responses. Ideas such as parents, siblings, in the consideration of background.

    Lastly, we went into reader's/ writer's workshop where I took the time to finish this blog. Sammy came up behind me for hand sanitizer and I thought they were going to attack me. My thoughts were correct as they started punching my notebook and my ear. 
    The bell rang, and the class slowly filed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...