Thursday, October 12, 2023

Alejandro's Second Blog

 Agenda:

Blog Corrections

Creatober

The Outsiders Ch. 10/11

Quick Write

Ar-

HW: RJ 9.4 T.O Ch. 12 p.167-180 FINISH!

AR 50% by Friday

    Today started off as everyone walked into the room taking a seat. I already had a premonition that I would be next for the blog, but I had the slightest, flickering hope, that Lucas would be picked instead. As students started writing today's agenda, Ethan read his blog. My head ran through yesterday's events, trying to piece together any tips of Lucas being picked, but alas, I found none, and as Ethan recklessly chose me, I walked up, knowing who I would choose next for the blog. As I sat down on this plastic seat of sadness and regret, Ms. Nakada told the class to get started on today's Creatober.

     I started thinking, despite the fact that I know who I am going to choose, even after he begged me to choose him. Maybe I can choose someone else, another person who I can feed to this monster of a blog. Ms. Nakada then chose Charles to come on up and present his picture. Eli shared his menagerie of birds and we all gazed upon his masterpiece creations. The class then went over chapter 10 and 11 of The Outsiders, by S.E Hinton. We talked about his mental state, and how it is crumbling because of how he is reacting to the incidents of his friends death. Ponyboy becomes an unreliable narrator, and I don't blame him, I think that most people in his situation would have the same, maybe even have a worse reaction. We talk about how he had a hard time walking home, how he spent hours walking in the streets alone, and then how Dally robbed a store, then the unimaginable happened. Dally whipped out a gun, bluffing, and as he brought out his, the police men brings out thiers and shoot Dally, one of our more beloved characters. Dally does not die a hero death, but instead a hoodlum. We talk about how Ponyboy heads to the hospital, from everything he experiences, the rumble, running away, and he passes out. We talk about how while out, Ponyboy starts talking in his sleep, and how he realizes how he called for Darry. As we finished up our summary of the Chapters, Ms. Nakada handed out the quick writes that people did not finish yesterday, and that reminded me of something Ethan said, "I'm not going to choose Lucas for the blog because he wants to be chosen." And that reminded me of another victim for this blog, someone who has not gone yet, someone named, LUCAS, but I don't think I will choose him, I'll let him live to see another day. While people continue their quick writes, I start thinking about Otem's blog, and how Ethan said it was over dramatic. Well, on the contrary, Mr. McGougan. I think that Otem's blog was very well written. As we spend the next few minutes on our Quick Writes, I hear the scratching of pencils, and bits of questions here and there. You could break the silence in the room with the smallest word, it was so utterly quiet I actually forgot I was in a classroom for a short bit of time. As we finished up, I finally decided who I am going to pick, but as I am not here in the classroom the day you are reading this, Ms. Nakada, I will tell you now, the next victim of this vicious blog is DECLAN.  

-Alejandro

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...