Thursday, February 29, 2024

Tali's Fourth Blog

Agenda

Take a minute

Blog corrections

Reader's workshop

Graduation requirements

Literature circles

HW RJ 8.4 read/iReady/IXL for 20-30 minutes and record


    Class started, and everyone wrote down the agenda. Those who had not already turned in their eighth grade dues or field trip slips went up to Ms. Nakada to turn them in. Being the responsible person that I am, mine had already been turned in long ago, so with my extra few minutes of free time, I wrote down everything I need to do for tomorrow's Speech and Debate tournament. I have to practice and make last minute changes to my Dramatic Interpretation monologue. I need to figure out what time my dad has to pick me up to drive me the TWO HOURS to San Gabriel. 

    After (most people) took a minute, Sammy read their blog, calling out many people, specifically Devin, who thought Sammy was a wet chihuahua. Since neither Jessica or Violette were here today, and I simply could not stand another minute of Charles and Marcus flirting, I begged Sammy to choose me for the blog. So, here I am. I feel slightly uncomfortable, as it is reader's workshop and except for a few people sniffling non-stop (CHARLES) and the pages of books being turned, the only noise to be heard is my clickity clacketing. 

Ms. Nakada asked everyone to take out their English notebooks, and told us to write Graduation Requirements in the table of contents. I was trying to figure out why my page 43 was her 42, when she realized that she had accidentally forgotten to write Week 8: QQSL. 

After she wrote that, we went over the graduation requirements. One requirement is that you cannot get more than two U's in Work Habits and Cooperation on the final Fall and Spring grades. You are not supposed to be absent for more than nine days a semester. I might have already broken that, considering I was out sick for a really long time. I would have been out for longer because of my stupid cough, but it was excused. To graduate you need to simply not get in trouble, and just be in uniform. You have to make sure to turn in all of your books to the library. Your parents must be involved in your education. If you think it is unfair you can't graduate, you can ask for an appeal. The amount of credits you need also is a factor. You need at least fifty credits in total. You get five credits per class at the end of each semester. 

Ms. Nakada asked us all to get out our Chromebooks so she can show us how to see our past grades. We had to go to Parent Portal LAUSD and student sign in. Everyone checked their progress report, which was a big and confusing chart. Somehow something didn't work and so everyone closed their Chromebooks. But then Ms. Nakada did find a way to find it. I had given up at this point and just kept writing the blog. 

I overheard Eli talking to Ms. Nakada about how they have been skipping their AT every morning because Ms. Farahmand wouldn't let them switch, and now Eli is nervous about not graduating. 

Ethan came up to me and asked me "How's the blog. It's so fun to write the blog. It's like typing your little fingers away." First of all, do I have little fingers? Also, at least I don't have to hand write it, so my hand doesn't hurt. For Ms. Nakada's sake, I will share my opinion on the blog. I honestly genuinely don't care if I have to write the blog, and I don't mind it that much. The only time I am annoyed is if we have a lot of stuff to do in class that day. 

"Write about me in the blog! Write about me in the blog!" said Noa. "Is that how you spell Ms. Farahmand? Does your face still hurt from when Ali punched you?" For the record, Ali did not punch me. He knocked into me very hard, and I am not okay. Also, I have absolutely no idea how to spell her name. Okay, class is over so buh bye. "DELETE THAT PART, TALI! I SWEAR TO GOD DELETE THAT!!" -Noa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...