Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Emily's Third Blog

 AGENDA 

take a minute

blog corrections

readers workshop

Week 3 Q Q S L 

I. O. & B. A. essays

HW: RJ 3.3 Read for 20-30 minutes - record 3-word or visual summary


I walked into English class already accepting the fate that I would be chosen for today's blog. Everyone sat down, pulled out their binder reminders, and started writing down the agenda. After we listened to peaceful music for today's take a minute, Violette came up to read the blog she wrote yesterday. After she read it she raised her arm up and pointed her finger towards me. I already had my things packed up in my bag because at Nutrition she told me she was going to choose me to write today's blog. I walked over to the lonely desk and put my backpack down. Ms. Nakada told everyone to take out their Reading Journals for her to check. As Ms. Nakada went around making sure everyone has been reading these past few days, we took time to do Readers Workshop. 

After a few minutes of reading, Ms. Nakada turned the Song of the Week on, "Immigrants: We Get the Job Done" K'naan, feat. Residente, Riz MC, and Snow Tha Product. We talked about the meaning of "Look how far I've come" and how it is literally how far I've come, but also mentally. Ms. Nakada's favorite line was "It's America's ghostwriters, the credit's only borrowed" Next, we wrote down the title of this weeks lines, "Home" Warsan Shire. The most famous line is "No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark." We listened to the poem soaking it in, and understanding its depth. 

Then, Ms. Nakada passed out papers for an ACE. Everyone silently worked on their two ACE's that represents Fleeing and Finding Home in the book Inside Out & Back Again. After having time to work on the ACEs, we packed up. The bell rang, and Ms. Nakada released us to go to fourth period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...