Thursday, January 11, 2024

Marcus' Third Blog

 Agenda

Take a minute

Blog Corrections

Reader's Workshop 

Inside Out and Back Again Part 4

HW: RJ 1.4 Inside Out and Back Again Part 4

Today's start was nothing out of the ordinary. When we got to English class, we wrote our agenda's and  listened to Tali read her blog before doing blog corrections. By the time she finished reading, she was unsure of who to pick. She just asked who hadn't done the blog a third time yet. No one really knew so Ms. Nakada read out the names of the people that did complete a third blog and told them to sit down. I, unfortunately, wasn't one of the names. I prepared by putting my materials back in my bag just in case I got picked, though I didn't actually think I would. And of course I ended up having to do the blog. Alejandro was disappointed that I got picked as I dragged my bag towards the seat, isolated and alone. 

I kind of forgot what Ms. Nakada said, but I'm assuming everyone is working on their drawings in their reading journals for Part 3 of Inside Out and Back Again. All the students are deeply focused in their drawings as the room is close-to-silent. Students like Akira, Noa, and Declan shared what they wrote and drew. Pink Boy, cowboys, school, bathroom stalls, the pulling of arm hair, all important events of the third part. I drew an airplane flying over Alabama where bullies lie below. We talk about how Ha adjusts to the problems at school, using her brother Vu Lee in one of the instances. Part 4 is our homework tonight and we then shift to a discussion about the amethyst ring that is lost that may symbolize their father could be gone. Also, all the changes and new things Ha has experienced in her incredibly eventful year. 

Ms. Nakada has everyone take out their chromebooks to take the IReady. NOOOOOOO! I thought she said the AR test for the book but I guess I must've misheard. I gave Ms. Nakada my money for pizza and I now this is probably all the writing I can get in today. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...