Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Otem's Generic Fifth Blog (Yes, It's Normal for Once)

 Agenda:


Take a minute

Blog Corrections

NaPoWriMo Day 9

Week 13: QQSL

Literature circles

HW I-Ready (2 lessons/45 min) Read/write a poem a day.


   It all started when I walked into the English class cell-block at Emerson Island Penitentiary on this fine morning of April 9th, 2024. The prison bell rang and we sat down, ready for our daily class in English led by Ms. Nakada. But before I could attempt to get somewhat comfortable on the hard plastic chair that dislocated my spine every time I sat down, I heard Ms. Nakada's (gentle) voice exclaim to the class, "Before I begin teaching basic English to you, one of your fellow prisoners has an announcement!"

The cell-block fell quiet as we listened patiently for the announcement, suddenly, I saw a figure make its way out to the front of the cell-block out of the corner of my eye. Oh no! It was Lucas Roberts, the prison snitch. This could only mean one thing, one of us, probably me, was going to be thrown in solitary for the day.

I already knew Lucas had a weird obsession for selecting me to go to solitary, and it was no suprise when he started yapping false allegations about me and widely pointing around the cell-block. Everyone listened in uncomfortable silence, but before he could even finish his grand speech, I packed my bag and locked myself in solitary. I settled down and began to wait for my time to be over. Suddenly, I heard a crash, a scream, and a shout of triumph and then abruptly my cell door was broken open and I fell back with a start. A helping hand grabbed my shirt and lifted me up. I whipped around to see who my rescuer was, and it was none other than Kingsley!

"Wha- How?" I sputtered.

"Don't worry, we took care of that greaser!" Kingsley said in his best impression of a character from The Outsiders. 

I sat back down in my seat in the English cellblock, stunned. The rest of the period went by in a blur, we did some poetry writing and  listened to the Song of the Week, "Garden Song" by Phoebe Bridgers. Multiple prisoners came up to ridicule me, like Issac (with two s's) and Ethan, but Alejandro expressed his regret over me getting thrown in solitary. The prison bell then rang, and we shuffled out of the cell-block for fourth period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...