Thursday, May 9, 2024

Jessica's Fifth Blog

Agenda
- take a minute
- blog corrections
- original oratories
- NaPoWriMo submissions

HW: iReady 40-45 min. 2 lessons AR 100%


Today I walked in expecting nothing out of the ordinary. The day had felt really long so far because of testing, and it already felt like it was time for the day to be over. The class all sat down relatively quietly. Emily then went up to read the blog. I started feeling a sinking in my stomach as she continued to read aloud. I still held out hope but as suspected she chose me. Apparently, it was because I had punched her yesterday. I don't remember that happening, but anyway I walked up to start my blog and glared at Emily as she laughed. I got singled out by you and I will get you back Emily. 

We went to our English notebooks to fill out page fifty-five with Original Oratories for culmination. We wrote about what needed to be included in it. We also talked about Sofia's one from last year and how good it was. Ms. Nakada then read us one she had written from 2019, and explained she was going to write one this year for us too. 

The class was silent as she read, and the class clapped when it was over. It was really good! It was about standing up for what you believe in and about the teacher strike. She had a quote from To Kill A Mocking Bird which is the book I read for literature circles so I knew the quote and that was cool.

We then went on to talk about culmination for a little while before moving on. Everyone started working on their Broadsides and Poetry Collections as Ms. Nakada showed us hers. 

After, everyone worked on their poems for a while Ms. Nakada told us to start packing up. Then the bell rand and it was off to fifth period (that's weird).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...