Monday, October 30, 2023

Emily's Second Blog

AGENDA
blog-corrections
CreaTober
Week 12: Q.Q
Essay Prep
NaNo Prep
HW - Set-up your NaNoWriMo Account!

    I sat down today in English peacefully not knowing that I would soon be chosen to write today's blog. I took out my binder reminder and started writing down the agenda. We then went over Ronan's blog and corrected any mistakes he made. As Ronan sat down he was reminded he needed to choose someone to write the next blog. Ronan told everyone who hasn't gone for the second time yet to raise their hands. At first I kept my hand low hoping he wouldn't see me. Charles told everyone to raise their hands higher. Then, after raising my hand higher I knew all I could do was hope he wouldn't choose me. Then he said my name. I took all my stuff to the desk and settled in knowing that I would be here for the next 40-50 minutes. 
    Ms. Nakada told everyone to start drawing their CreaTober for today. After everyone finished their drawings she asked who wanted to share. Riley, Milan, Charles, Kingsley, and Noa all came up to share. Ms. Nakada then said to get your English notebooks and go to your Essay Basics. We then added a few more writing structures to our list. We finished our Essay Basics page and went back to our table of contents to write down Week 12 Quote-Questions-Song-Lines. We wrote down the Quote by Roxanne Gay that said, "This is your novel and only you know how to write it." We talked about what she means and how it's your story and your the only one who decides how it goes. Ms. Nakada then shared a bit about her story that she has been working on for a few years now for NaNoWriMo. Then, we went over the Question for this week which is "What do you want more than anything else?" Ms. Nakada talked about how yesterday all her daughter wanted was ice cream. We all started talking about candy after Ms. Nakada mentioned how much she would love it if everyone would give her Twix. 
    Ms. Nakada then had us write a little bit about what NaNoWriMo is in our English notebooks. She then helped us set up our NaNoWriMo accounts and accept the challenge. After everybody set up their accounts we went back to our English notebooks and added to our description of NaNoWri Mo. Before anyone could write down anything else we were interrupted by the bell. 

- Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...