Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Janeth's First Blog for Third Period

       Agenda:

Blog corrections 

CreaTober

Week 10: QQSL

The Outsiders: Book v. Movie

HW: RJ 10.2 read for 20-30 min or IXL

Book Projects due Oct. 25

The bell rang and we headed to our third period. Declan and I arrived late so we had to write our names on the board. Everyone took out their binder reminders and wrote down the agenda. Once that was settled, Ms. Nakada read Alex's blog since she was absent. We got to a part in her blog where she said, " I had already made a deal with Declan," I got nervous since I knew he had wanted to pick me from the start. We got to the end of her blog and I was picked next. I packed my stuff and headed towards the computer. 

Then, Ms. Nakada asked us to take out our reading journals. She walked around the room and made sure we had done our reading yesterday. I don't think she got me, but it's okay. We had a little bit of time to work on our CreaTobers. I had the chance to think about who I wanted to pick. I was debating between two people. 

Ms. Nakada then went on to tell us that the song and lines were going to be the same. She played the song for us and it was a nice soothing tone. People started saying negative things and Ms. Nakada had to tell the class that we should keep things to ourselves if it is not positive. The song finished and we started discussing what the song was about. It was about enjoying your youth and worshiping your friends and lovers. Little by little we broke down each paragraph's meaning. The first paragraph was about the hard life of work.  In the second paragraph we heard two religious names, Maria and Virginia. It was related to Virgin Mary and how she was the perfect image. We reached a line where it talks about sunsets. Ms. Nakada was talking about when you are  a senior in high school you do this thing called senior sunrise. This is so that you could spend one last time with the people you have studied with, made friends with, and more. 

After we went through our lines, we flipped to our page of book v. movie. She had played the movie and had to remind everyone that if they didn't have anything nice to say, they should keep it to themselves. Everyone was quiet and watched the movie. During the movie I had time to catch up on the blog. I know who I am going to choose next. The bell rang and we packed up and left.  Milan, I'm doing you a favor here. I am picking Omar to do the blog for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...