Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Alex's Amazing Third Blog

 Agenda:

Take a minute

Blog corrections

Novel Submissions

Gallery walk/ A.C.E. 

I.O. & B.A.

Homework:

I.O. & B.A. p. 1-49 

AR 100%

Third period started off with our class waiting outside of the classroom waiting for Ms. Nakada. There weren't as many people waiting since the tech thing was going on with the drama kids. While we were waiting for Ms. Nakada, I made a deal with Alejandro if he get chosen to pick me, but I totally forgot that he wrote the blog Monday and was the one who pick Ethan. 

Once Ms. Nakada arrived, we all walked to our seats taking out our binder reminders while the take a minute was playing in the background. That was when I knew I had to convince more people to help me with my plan. I turned to Tali, telling her the plan. 

Next thing I knew, Ms. Nakada was reading the blog as Ethan wasn't there. Towards the end of the blog, I knew Ethan would have put his pick at the end of the blog so I skipped to the end looking for any names that weren't at the drama thing. That was when I saw Kingsleys name. Eventually Ms. Nakada started to read where his name was. I knew it was my time to strike. I started to beg Ms. Nakada to let me go instead. Kingsley started to pack up his stuff that is when I started to beg Ms. Nakada even more. After a rock paper scissors with Juan and me telling him what to do so I could lose and go, I did it! I was able to do the blog. I packed my stuff up, rushing to the  front desk where you write the blog. I sat down as Ms. Nakada corrected the blog.

Today it seemed like no one was helping her correct the blog. But after a while of correcting and a few people helping we moved on to the line of the week. It is called "The Danger of a Single Story" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I may or may not have forgotten to listen to the line.

We took notes on several examples of this idea of a single story creating stereotypes. 
example: a single story of Mexicans as immigrants
a single story of Africa as a place of catastrophe
a single story of literature as books from and about the west
a single story of Fide's family being poor.  

After listening to the line Ms. Nakada asked us to bring out a piece of paper for the NaNoWriMo gallery walk. We wrote down an A.C.E. for which the novel caught our attention. Once everyone wrote it down we were all able to get up and walk around to look at other novels. I got up walking to Tali Arato novel Is This Going to Work? I sat back down to write it down when the bell rang. By the way, Alejandro gets to pick who is next. Also, have fun in class while I am gone!

-Alessandra Kanter-Watt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...