Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Ethan's Fifth Blog

 Agenda

take a minute

blog corrections

NaPoWriMo Day 17

Week 14: Q-Q-S-L

lit. circles/reader' s workshop

HW RJ 14.3 iReady 2 lessons - 40-50 min. 
Read and Write a poem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

    The class started up pretty rowdy, during nutrition some sort of fight broke out. I personally have no idea what happened, but it had something to do with either seventh graders or sixth graders roaming around in a posse. Otem and I reminded Isaac to lower the hood on his convertible and rev up his engine today in class, we then sat down and wrote our agendas. Ms. Nakada played the video for our take a minute and Janeth came up to read her blog. I packed my thing up knowing Janeth would inevitably choose me either way. I personally don't even know what I did to Janeth, but for some reason she said she wanted revenge? I still don't get why Janeth calls me butterfingers, only because I dropped the Frisbee once during P.E. I strongly dislike having Janeth as an unpaid intern (Teachers Assistant) because during roll-call she always says my name with some goofy nickname. I honestly half way to many nicknames, I've lost count at this point. Janeth read her blog and ultimately choose me. I don't really get why people see the blog as torture or a prison cell. I also have no idea why people think Ms. Nakada is tall and scary. It might help that I'm taller than her, but I don't think she is scary at all. Although writing the blog is over-hated, I swear writing the blog is almost as fun as gambling. 

We took out our poetry packets and finished fixing yesterdays poem we read. The poem we would read today was "Fog" by Carl Sandburg. The poem is set in a city about fog and a cat, and how they move the same way. Ms. Nakada shared a little-bit about baseball and we then continued on to the poem. Our three words were cat, silent, moving. Ms. Nakada shares our poems prompts and the class slowly, eventually goes quiet.

The silence shatters by the sound of a broken bell, some people complain about the crappy bell system. Tali, Emily, Charles, Sammy, Declan, Riley, and some others (I have crappy memory) share their poems. Leo shares his poem for Leo, but thankfully Ms. Nakada stops Lucas. I know Leo is probably extremely filled with happiness as I've seen the effect Lucas has on Leo first hand. Ms. Nakada shares her poem last and checks up on how many poems they wrote. We transition into gluing in our lines of the week. The lines were "I'm Going Back to Minnesota Where Sadness Makes Sense" by Danez Smith. This poem is about how they like the feeling of standing on a frozen lake on Minnesota, they hated a tad on Los Angles because it's practicality the opposite of Minnesota. Which reminds me, last month when I flew from Minnesota to LA, I found that Minnesota was sorta cold. Their airport combined with Saint Paul made up for the chilly climate, 9/10 Airport. We talked about how here the metaphors within the poem. The first half of the poems was set in California and the second in Minnesota. We converse about "Standing on the frozen lake," and the class erupts in conversations about what they think about Ms. Nakada annotating the board.

We move into either Literature circles and Omar and Otem come write random stuff on the keyboard

(Deep Thoughts Presented By Otem "Willy" McGregor: If you punch yourself and it hurts, are you strong or are you weak...or just outright stupid?)

I'm a pachycephalosaurus , RAWR- Omar

Ms. Nakada asks people and checks up on iReady and AR, attempting to speak over the blasting chatter engulfing the room. I'm thinking of either choosing Alejandro, Omar, or Leo. Lucas come to the computer and spams on the screen. He is in denial and declines the accusations, I'll speak to him in court. People keep bombarding me with questions or conversations. The quiet bell rings, and we leave for fourth period.

Before I leave I would like to promote sports betting and gambling. It's simple, you choose or select the players you want to bet on and bet on their stats at the end of the game! It's a very fun, healthy activity most of you should indulge in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...