Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Declan's Amazing Cool Third Blog

 AGENDA:

- take a minute

- blog: corrections

- Week 17: Q.Q.S.L

- I.O and B.A.

HW: AR 100%

Everyone walked into class like normal, and I remembered. Omar was deciding between three people to do the blog: Janeth, Milan, and I. I had a slight sliver of hope that I wouldn't get pick, because in the locker room, Omar asked who I should pick for the blog, and I said not me.

He came to the front of class and read his blog. Of course, he chose me. Thanks, Omar. 

I walked to the front of the class, and started to write the blog. After a few minutes of correcting Omar's blog, Ms. Nakada gave out our lines of the week and we folded them into fourths, and read our first line, "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. Alejandro thought the poem was about the North Pole, but Rami told the class the correct answer, that the poem was about the Winter Solstice, which is December 21st. It's okay Alejandro.

We talked about how the narrator is familiar with the forest, and has a companion, his horse. At the end of the poem, the narrator repeats the last two lines, which he might be dying or falling asleep, which isn't good.

We moved on to the next poem, "Good Hours" by Robert Frost. It was a little bit different, but similar. The narrator was walking through the snow, but was alone, not with a horse. The narrator was walking alone, and saw people together in the cottage. The narrator wanted to be alone at first, but turned back to go with their friends maybe, but the party was over. We finished up discussing the poems, and went on to reading Inside Out and Back Again.


We finished reading, and the class talked about what is happening in Part II of Inside Out and Back Again. Ha's family and many people from Saigon flee on boat, because the war is getting closer to their home. Everyone lands on an island called Guam. Charles says that Ha's family goes to Florida to get sponsors, and then goes to Alabama. We then talked about refugee camps, which can be temporary shelters for displaced people mostly due to wars.

Okay, I am done writing this blog. I better see my gang wearing the pajama pants tomorrow.


Signing off, Declan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Declan and Happy Sammy's Final Revenge and Farewell with Violette!

no agenda no take a minute blog corrections no week something No homework Don't jump violette We come into the desperate class reading t...